Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembrance Day


In honour of Remembrance Day today, Hannah, Ethan, and I made this poppy picture.  Obviously,the kids are too young to understand much of what I said but I think it was a good activity anyway.  I think it is important to remember the soldiers that fought for our freedom.  So this is what we did:

Flanders Field. 
This is Hannah's finished work.

All we used were blue and green paper, glue, a  sharpie,  red paint, sponge  bits,
and finally some crosses cut out of white paper.

First I cut the green paper to look like a soft hill and Hannah glued on the crosses.
Next, Hannah used the sponge (I rounded the end to give it a poppy shape)  and the red paint to dab poppies all over the grass between the crosses.


Ethan did too. He moves so fast its hard to take a picture.


Finally, I used the sharpie to add black centers and glue it onto the blue sheet.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...