Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heading to the Grave

This is why mothers who have boys don't live as long as mothers with only daughters.



This is the scene I walked into this morning.  Ethan was apparently interested in the things under my bed and decided to go after them.  The board game he was trying to reach was under the center of the bed.  At first, I thought he wasn't able to get himself out and I could just pull to release him.  I tried to pull him but he wouldn't budge.  I phoned Andrew in my rushed panicked voice and told him Ethan was stuck under the bed.  I had visions of firemen bounding up the stairs to release him.  I fortunately was able to lift the bed a little bit to move his arm which was jammed under his head causing most of the problem.  I then was able to pull him out slowly.  Yesterday, he climbed into the dryer while I was switching the loads.  The day before that he almost took a header off the top of the stairs because he just steps off.  He has no FEAR.  My dreams of living until a ripe old age are fading quickly.

4 comments:

charlotte said...

Oh dear! These pictures scared me! How did you think of taking pictures and be panicking at the same time? So glad he is ok!

Kristina said...

I didn't really think he was stuck at first, and the camera was right there. He got upset once I started to pull. He is just fine though. When the kids do something strange and like saving it for Andrew to see.

Linda said...

reminds me of the time Jonathan got his fingers stuck in the belt at Superstore checkout. The grocery clerk yelled "code 6" over the PA system and 10 employees ran over to help us. Didn't get a picture, but I did journal it. Jonathan also has crawled into the fireplace a couple of times until I filled it with firewood so he didn't feel the need to fill it himself. Dirtied him, me and the bathtub in the process...twice.

Kristina said...

Linda-Hahahaha. Well I guess this is just a start for Ethan than.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...