Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jello Stickers

I was hesitant to do this project.  Thoughts of sticky fingers, faces, papers, the table, and the floor bombarded me.  I hate sticky messes.  In the end, there was almost no mess and very little stickiness other than on Hannah's fingers.  What are jello stickers?  It is like a homemade lick and stick sticker.  You take a printed item, (in our case of sheet of jelly beans, and some other colored paper) and brush some liquid jello on the back.  Once it dries you can cut up your paper into stickers.  

The sticker glue is 1 Tablespoon jello to 2 Tablespoons boiling water.
 Mix it well and then let it  cool a bit.  I found this here).

Hannah worked carefully to cover her entire sheet with jello glue.

Ethan painted his paper with water.  

After Hannah finished her jelly bean sheet she painted a few more plain  sheets to use of the rest of the jello.
I will use these sheets to cut out shapes for her.

When we were finished "painting", I put each wet paper on a piece of paper towel.
Hannah's sheets were quite saturated.

Hannah happily licked her lime stickers.

She made a picture with her jelly bean stickers.

I cut up some of the orange because she needed more.

Surprisingly, the sticker sheets dried without staying tacky.  I distracted Ethan while Hannah licked her stickers, I'm normally trying to keep him from eating paper. Hehehe I didn't think would understand.

Linked up to:
Imagination Tree

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cute!! I'll have to wait until the little one is older to try it since he's a paper eater too...or maybe this could be a during nap time activity for the older one! Thanks for sharing!

Marla said...

What a cute idea! We will definetely have to try that!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What a clever idea - never seen anything like that!
I would love for you to link up http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
~Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...