Saturday, April 14, 2012

Parenting and a Sweet Baby

This is not my typical post but I saw a couple of things recently that I thought others might find interesting. I caught the tail end of a documentary about parenting on Doc Zone. It is called Hyper Parents & Coddled Kids the little blurb explained that it explores the cultural pressures on parents to be hyper-parents and the impact it has on their children.  It basically talks about a tendency to over parent.  Since I only watched the end, I went and looked online to see if I could find the rest and I did.  If you so inclined have look and you can watch the whole episode. (Since I am an SFU alumni, I was also happy to see clips of it in the documentary).  I found it really interesting.


The second item, is a blog I found this morning about sweet baby Avery, it is written by her parents who are trying to bring awareness to the genetic disease SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy).  In addition, her parents are trying to live life fully as a family with whatever time they are given with their daughter.  I'm at a bit of a loss to describe this properly, so just jump over using the link and have a look.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...