Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ethan's Busy Box

I have a beautiful son who, at his very moment, is smacking my laptop with his bottle. A hint, perhaps? He may look a lot like his sister but they are very unique children. Ethan crawls and crawls fast, Hannah never crawls and never crawled. Ethan is very persistent when he wants something, either an object or your attention. Hannah frustrates very quickly. Hannah is a bit hardier than Ethan who is bothered easily by nosies and stimulation. Hannah is our interdependent child who yells "I can do it" even when it doesn't apply and was never a cuddly baby, except when she was asleep or sick. Ethan would be happier than a clam if I were to walk around holding him all day long.



Since Ethan would love all day cuddle sessions and I do need to take occasional breaks, I thought it was about time I made something for my beautiful boy to entertain himself. When I came across this idea on The Imagination Tree for a Baby Treasure Basket, I thought it was perfect.

Its a basket or in our case a tub of objects from around the house that Ethan can touch, explore and look.  Everything in the basket is safe for him to put in his month and because the items are unusual he was fascinated and occupied.


I love the look on his face is this picture, an "oooh can I touch  it" look.
Took him no time at all to dig in.




I snuck in a favorite to see if he would notice, and sure enough he did.




Success = Happy Baby

6 comments:

Andrew said...

So cute! And a typically amazing idea from you :)

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart. So funny how they recognize their favourites. <3

Unknown said...

Lovely! He really looks like he enjoyed digging through it!

Charlotte said...

That grin is priceless! Hope it works the next time! You don't want to back to give, especially when he grows so fast!

Charlotte said...

*your back to give

Shonda said...

That's a great idea! How cute is he?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...